The MIDIbox is a non-commercial open source modular DIY hardware and software platform for MIDI devices like controllers, synthesizers and sequencers. It focuses on well defined and documented modules with small, uncomplicated circuits that can be built on single-layer PCB or prototype board.
The MIDIbox system
- A Core module based on a PIC, LPC17 or STM32F4, with bootloader. Every device needs at least one Core.
- Optional I/O modules, e.g. LCD, DIN, DOUT, BankStick
- Some projects, such as the MIDIbox SID, use further modules.
- Various interconnections, encoders, switches and potentiometers.
- The MIOS uploaded by MIDI or sometimes on chip.
- The software application also uploaded by MIDI.
|This article is a stub. You can help the Synth DIY Wiki by expanding it.|
- The website of Thorsten Klose, uCApps.de, for non-commercial DIY MIDI hardware projects.