Texas Instruments SN76477
The SN76477 is included in the following devices:
- Arcade games
- Space Invaders
- Gakken EX-System
- Electronic musical instruments
- SN-Voice – a DIY synthesizer design by Thomas Henry
- Blacet Research Dark Star Chaos module
- Home computers
- ABC 80
- ^ ICS76477 Sound Chip, Archer data sheet, BGMicro Electronics
- ^ 8080a Simulation: Space Invaders – a report on writing an emulator for Space Invaders.
- ^ a b The SN-Voice Project
- Chapter 9, The Supercontroller, Build a Better Music Synthesizer by Thomas Henry, Tab Books, 1987, ISBN 0-8306-0255-0
- Wikipedia: Texas Instruments SN76477
- ICS76477a Sound Chip, BGMicro Electronics compilation
- Panels, PCBs, and bundles from synthCube for The SN-Voice Project.
- Dark Star Chaos Noise Modulated Sound Generator 2000 (lower down down the page)
- Thomas Henry's SN76477 Super Controller Module, electro-music forum, Apr 2007
- VC Noise Source and LFO by Thomas Henry, Jan 2017
- Reverse engineering the 76477 "Space Invaders" sound effect chip from die photos by Ken Shirriff
- Inside the 76477 Space Invaders sound effect chip: digital logic implemented with I2L by Ken Shirriff
- The SN-Exerciser, electro-music.com forum, Jan 2015
- Electronic Music Circuits: The Reprints, Vol 1 contains:
- Tricks with the SN76477, part 1, Polyphony, May/June 1981, pp. 10–12.
- Tricks with the SN76477, part 2, Polyphony, July/August 1981, pp. 16,17.
- The Super Contro11er, Polyphony, September/October 1981, pp. 28–32.
- The Snare + Drum Voice, Polyphony, September/October 1982, pp. 28–3I.
- SN-Voice euro build thread, Mod Wiggler forum, Dec. 2012
|This article is a stub. You can help the Synth DIY Wiki by expanding it.|