List of open-source music hardware projects
This list of open source music hardware projects includes brands or projects relative to electro-music where schematics and firmaware are open-source. However it also includes projects which are not fully open source hardware as defined by the Open Source Hardware Association.
- AX84, a variety of music electronics projects.
- Aurora, music mixer for DJ's
- O0SCC – controller that communicates via the open sound control protocol.
- Open Pipe
- Vectr 3D Sensing Controller
- MIDIbox – The MIDIbox project is an open-source modular DIY hardware and software platform for MIDI devices like controllers, synthesizers, sequencers
Synthesizers and modules
- Adafruit Industries, has more than just the x0xb0x
- Barton Musical Circuits
- Bastl Instruments
- Circuit Abbey G8 clock divider
- Creative Technologies (CTAG), a group of Kiel University of Applied Sciences and external collaborators whose focus includes sound synthesis electronics
- deanm1278 on GitHub, various mostly Arduino
- DSO138 Oscilloscope Eurorack Mount
- Erica Synths DIY Eurorack Modules
- Futur3soundz XFM2
- GMSN! (archived). See JoeEarlam/GMSNPure, an attempt to collate all GMSN's OS designs since it went offline.
- JoyfulNoise Tiny Utility Board
- Lush Projects LushOne
- Mad Science Lab SSM1
- Modular Synthesizer
- Music Thing Modular
- Mutable Instruments
- One Bit Groove Box
- Open-Modular.com, Open Source music design hardware and software
- Open NSynth Super
- OTTO - multi-track synth/sampler/sequencer/groovebox
- RealSIDShield, an Arduino shield to use a MOS Technology 6581/8580 SID to play .SID files.
- TSynth, a Teensy 4.1 based synthesizer
- xnotox on GitHub
- ArduTouch, an Arduino-compatible music synthesizer kit.
- Bela audio platform and sensor processing
- Goom, an open source multi-timbral polyphonic synthesizer.
Tools & test equipment
- DSO Nano, a a pocket size digital storage oscilloscope.