Synth DIY Wiki:Community portal
Welcome! This page is for discussions about the Synth DIY Wiki itself.
To start a new topic: On a new line, enclose the topic title between a pair of double equals signs, e.g == This a new topic ==. Use colons to indent replies and please sign each post with your signature, using four tildes i.e. ~~~~.
Moderation of the wiki[edit source]
To prevent spam and vandalism, the first few edits of a new user to the Synth DIY Wiki will be moderated.
The following good-practices are advised:[edit source]
The general idea is to approve any edit that is not vandalism/spam and then if necessary either fix it or revert it. That way the edit stays in history and the author gets feedback. When an edit is rejected there is no feedback.
- Only vandalism should be rejected. Not-so-good edits with good intentions are better approved and then reverted as usual, and with a reason in the edit summary. This way the author is informed and the edit is recorded in page history, viewable by anyone for transparency and editor accountability.
- Legitimate users (who will be obvious after a few good edits) should be added to the groups automoderated and moderator as soon as possible.
- Users making useful edits should have these approved, regardless of their edit history.
- Please note that an editor who appears to be resubmitting a rejected edit might appear to be doing so because they have made changes to their pending edit without noticing that it was rejected in the meantime.
Vandalism and spambots[edit source]
- "Mark as spammer" is intended to block vandals, not spambots. This way the vandal won't be notified that they are banned and their edits will just go into the spam folder.
- Use AbuseFilter for dealing with spambots.
A plea for images[edit source]
The wiki especially lacks informative images to illustrate articles. Please if you can release any useful relevant images under the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike licence or into public domain, then upload them to Wikimedia Commons with the category e.g. Electronics and add a notification/link here. --Rob Kam (talk) 23:07, 18 January 2020 (UTC)