CGS MOTM distribution board
CGS74 the CGS MOTM distribution board is a power distribution board for MOTM style connectors now in use on a lot of synthesizer modules, the majority of CGS boards included.. It can be built in the standard +/- 15 volt four-pin format, or with the extra two pins for +5V and its extra 0 volt rail.
Before you start assembly, check the board for etching faults. Look for any shorts between tracks, or open circuits due to over etching. Take this opportunity to sand the edges of the board if needed, removing any splinters or rough edges. (With the boards supplied by me, the edges are already milled, and etching faults are very rare.)
Make sure you get the orientation of the headers correct. It is intended that power is fed to this board via a header, though if you wish, wires could be soldered to the tracks on the back of the board.
This is a guide only. Parts needed will vary with individual constructor's needs.
|4 or 6 pin 0.156" header||10|
- PCB 1" x 6" with four 3mm mounting holes 0.15" in from the edges.
- The board is designed so it may be cut in half.
Readers are permitted to construct these circuits for their own personal use only. Ken Stone retains all rights to his work.
- Power Bus Board for music synthesizers. (archived) by Ken Stone, 2007, with permission of the author
- CGS74 BOM at BOMpiler
- CGS Synth discussion group, for discussion of locating parts, modifications and corrections etc.
- [https://web.archive.org/web/20181005193332/http://www.elby-designs.com/webtek/cgs/cgs74/cgs74_bus.html CGS74 MOTM Distribution Board, Elby Designs