(Redirected from Elementary electronics for synth DIY)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Simple electronics aims to be a succinct and easily understood introduction to practical entry-level electronics, as well as being a useful reference. The best way to learn about electronics is by doing practical experiments.
List of topics
Although each is self contained, the top level articles listed here are written to be read sequentially, each topic leading to better understanding of ones that follow.
Note to editors: Changes here should be reflected by changes to Template:Simple electronics navbox.
Units and symbols
- Voltage aka potential difference
- Units of measurement - abbreviations and conventions, SI units, (mm not mil)
- Circuit symbols
- Schematics and Data sheets
- Conductors and insulators
- Resonance aka Q
- Through hole and surface mount technology
- Passive components - resistors, capacitors, inductors and transformers, color codes
- Semiconductors - diodes and rectification, transistor, FETs,
- Integrated circuit - comparator, 555 timer
- Logic - ladders, gates, digital to analog,
- Health and safety
- Test equipment
- Component library
- Electronic design automation
- PCB prototyping
- Soldering - THT, SMT and SMT reflow
- Metal-work - drilling, bending, anodisng and screen printing
- Fault finding
- Electronics software
- Electronics books
- Schematics and manuals
- Online resources for electronics
The most recommended are:
- Make: Electronics by Charles Platt, Maker Media Inc., 2009, ISBN 1-4493-4522-0. Recommended to understand basic electronic principles, for those with no electronics knowledge or training.
- Make: More Electronics by Charles Platt, Maker Media Inc., 2014, ISBN 1449344046. Includes topics omitted from Make: Electronics because of lack of space.
- Getting Started in Electronics by Forrest M. Mims III, Radio Shack, 1983, ASIN B0006YIR1Y
- Practical Electronics for Inventors by Paul Scherz and Simon Monk, McGraw-Hill Education TAB, 2016, ISBN 1259587541. More advanced than Make: Electronics. Ideal for students of electronics looking for something a little more in depth.
- Electronics Club, a website for beginners to learn about electronics.
- All About Circuits Electronics & Electrical Engineering Forum
- Lessons in Electric Circuits by Tony R. Kuphaldt
- CircuitLab, online circuit simulator.
- Paul Falstad's electronics demonstrations using a java applet to simulates electronic circuits.
- Engineer's Mini Notebook:Formulas Tables And Basic Circuits by Forrest Mims, Radio Shack Electronics