Open source hardware
Open source hardware is defined by the Open Source Hardware Association as a term for tangible artifacts – machines, devices, or other physical things – whose design has been released to the public in such a way that anyone can make, modify, distribute, and use those things.
Documentation must be easily obtainable, design files must be in CAD format and not in an intermediate format such as PDF.
|This article is a stub. You can help SDIY wiki by expanding it.|
- Dangerous Prototypes
- Open-source hardware licenses, Wikipedia
- Open Hardware Repository
- Open Source Hardware Association
- Open Circuits wiki
- Articles tagged open-hardware at CDM
- Why open source hardware works for Music Thing Modular by Tom Whitwell
- Open Modules for Open Minds – Open Software and Hardware in the Modular World by Hannes
- What it means that the MeeBlip synth is open source hardware by Peter Kirn, September 2015
- Open source hardware, Wikipedia