Synapse: The Electronic Music Magazine (later Synapse: International Electronic Music) was a bi-monthly American magazine about synthesizers and electronic music published March 1976 to June 1979. During an era when commercial synthesizers were still pretty new and mostly DIY, Synapse was notable for its high production values, interviews with famous musicians, and articles by well-known writers. After 14 issues they ran out of funds and closed down. Twelve issues were scanned and posted online by the founder Cynthia Webster
- ^ Synapse archive (archived)
- ^ a b Peter Kirn. "I Love the 70s: Complete Issues of Synapse Mag, A Look at Electronic Music’s Past". createdigitalmusic.com.
- ^ a b Complete scans of 70s electronic music magazine Synapse by Rob Beschizza
- ^ Cynthia Webster: Designing Modular Analog Synthesizers, Synthtopia, 13 July 2004
- ^ Read vintage issues of ‘Synapse the Electronic Magazine’ in their entirety