Synth DIY Wiki:Policy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This wiki has its own policies, guidlines or rules and doesn't follow those of any other site. The policies of the Synth DIY Wiki are decided by a consensus of its users. The following are guidelines rather than rules.
General guidelines for the Synth DIY Wiki
In no particular order:
- If you want something added or changed in the wiki, go ahead and do it.
- Be constructive – if you don't like something, improve it.
- Be polite and friendly, help and encourage others to make constructive use of the wiki.
- For readability, try to keep articles concise and to the point, break up long sections of text.
- Try to bring new or original information to the wiki rather than just re-using something already elsewhere on the web.
- Try to give references for what you write, so that it can be verified.
- Don't write about what you're going to do, when you've done whatever the work can speak for itself.
- Try not to link to external sites for more information when you could add the information to the page itself.
- Don't just duplicate information from other sites without improving upon it.
- Don't hotlink unless the other site explicitly allows it, even then try to avoid it.
- Don't infringe copyright.
Wikipedia's Help:Introduction to policies and guidelines and Simplified Ruleset give more information about the sort of things Policy should cover.