This wiki has its own policies, guidlines or rules and doesn't follow those of any other site. The policies of the Synth DIY Wiki are decided by a consensus of its users. The following are guidelines rather than rules.
General guidelines for the Synth DIY Wiki
In no particular order:
- If you want something added or changed in the wiki, go ahead and do it.
- Be constructive – if you don't like something, improve it.
- Be polite and friendly, help and encourage others to make constructive use of the wiki.
- For readability, try to keep articles concise and to the point, break up long sections of text.
- Try to bring new or original information to the wiki rather than just re-using something already elsewhere on the web.
- Try to give references for what you write, so that it can be verified.
- Don't write about what you're going to do, when you've done whatever the work can speak for itself.
- Try not to link to external sites for more information when you could add the information to the page itself.
- Don't just duplicate information from other sites without improving upon it.
- Don't hotlink unless the other site explicitly allows it, even then try to avoid it.
- Don't infringe copyright.