Electronic component suppliers
Sorted by country but ship internationally, unless stated otherwise.
- 1 Electronic components
- 2 Vintage synthesizer components
- 3 See also
- 4 References
- 5 External links
General electronic supplies including hardware, by mail order. First check Chinese suppliers on Alibaba, AliExpress, eBay, etc. for cheaper equivalent parts, but with taking longer for delivery.
- Sure Electronics
- UT Source A supplier of hard to find semiconductors. Usually okay, but has had some noted occurrences of counterfeit parts being supplied (though they normally replace or refund for the affected parts).
- dsm components - new and surplus electronic components. Reasonably priced shipping.
- Ural Tone Mainly a supplier of Valve Amplifier and Guitar parts, but a good range of Reverb tanks and some components.
- Banzai Music - supplies various hard to find components, but mainly focused on guitar effects.
- Darisus - a wide range of electronic components, including some rare semiconductors. Ships internationally.
- Das Musikding - a similar supplier to Banzai, with a good range of parts.
- Led-tech - LEDs
- Reichelt Elektronik - Reichelt used to be European only, but now ships internationally. Supplies quite a few of the unusual parts used in Jürgen Haible's designs.
- Ask Jan First - tube and antique electronics
- Synfo / Vintage Planet – One man shop (Senso) for synth repairs & rare parts. Ships international. This site has now closed, with Senso now selling these parts via eBay.
- Action Hardware – distributor of Switchcraft connectors, often with better prices than other UK based suppliers.
- AliExpress -
- Arrow Electronics
- Bitsbox - "Small selection but very cheap." Delivery for £1.75 regardless of order size.
- Ciseco - microcontrollers, radio modules, Raspberry Pi expanders.
- CLIFF Electronic Components Ltd. - jacks and knobs used on many synths.
- Cool Components - Sparkfun stuff.
- CPC - is actually owned by Farnell, but are sometimes cheaper than Farnell for the same items. Free delivery on orders over £5. Consumer-oriented.
- Cricklewood Electronics - general supplier of components, has some hard to find semiconductors.
- Digikey - USA based but free shipping for orders over £33. Like Mouser but bigger range and typically a little more expensive.
- Earthshine Electronics - Arduinos and other parts.
- eBay -
- Electron Electronics - orders over £30 are shipped free.
- ESR - general supplier of components. Half the price of farnell for some parts.
- Farnell - has almost everything. Trade-oriented. Owns CPC and Newark. CPC are sometimes cheaper than Farnell for the same items. Free shipping if above minimum order.
- Future Electronics
- Futurlec - Based in Thailand, very cheap, very slow to deliver and very poor reputation. Have SMD to DIP converter's which are useful for prototyping.
- Goodwill - LEDs
- Greenweld - general supplier of components, has some hard to find semiconductors.
- Hobby Tronics - general supplier of components and Sparkfun stuff. Delivery costs £2.40 for orders under £50.
- Infinite Machinery, integrated cicuits and components for the DIY audio community.
- JPR Electronics - Minimum order £30.00.
- Led-tech - LEDs
- LinkSprite - open source electronics, pcDuino, communication modems.
- Mallinson Electrical - aims to offer good quality and low prices for small quantities.
- Mega Electronics PCB-making supplies. Their products are also sold by Farnell and Rapid but may be cheaper direct.
- MMS Electronics - SPI/I2C graphic LCDs.
- Model Fixings - a useful supplier of small nuts and bolts.
- Mouser USA based but free shipping for orders over £33. Farnell is cheaper.
- Nikko Electronics - massive range, many rare/hard-to-find parts. Good reputation. Ships international.
- Northern Connectors - specialist connector distributors. Mainly bulk deals but order threshold is low.
- Online Components - has a large catalog of electronic components.
- Oomlout - Arduino & DIY electronics.
- Proto-pic - Adafruit, Sparkfun, BBC Micro:Bit, Pololu, Raspberry PI and various electronics.
- Rapid - usually cheaper than RS or Farnell for run-of-the-mill parts. Website awkward to navigate. Sister company to RS with a smaller range but sometimes cheaper. Free delivery on orders over £30. "Typically the cheapest."
- RS - has most things, trade-oriented, usually more expensive (especially for small orders).
- Seeed studio -
- Sparkfun electronics -
- Spiratronics - "Small selection but relatively cheap."
- Tayda Electronics - Thailand based, hobbyist supplier. Orders must be over $5. Low cost and reasonable quality. Shipping is cheap and might take a week or two to arrive. Good customer service by email. Regularly discount codes posted on their Facebook page.
- Thonk - parts especially for synth DIY
- TME.eu - electronic components, very competitive value.
- Toby UK - specialising in board-board and signal-board connectors. Potential UK supplier of hard-to-find extra long pin headers as used by the Arduino platform.
- Wires.co.uk - unusual wire, enamelled, knitted, litz etc.
Obsolete, surplus and new old stock
- Antique Electronic Supply
- Bull Group Ltd. - Surplus dealers. Used to be Bull Electrical. Difficult to find anything interesting on the website.
- Express Online
- Langrex - "one of the largest stocks of obsolete and hard to find commercial, industrial and military components in Europe".
mark5 - obsolete and hard-to-find electronic components.
- RSGB rallies
- Surplectronics - surplus electronic components and semiconductors
- 4 Site Electronics – Good parts supplier. Specializes in effect-pedal parts, also has an excellent selection of analog joysticks.
- Allied – Large industrial distributor, not hobbyist-oriented. Prices tend to be much higher than other firms. Best supplier of Perkin-Elmer (now called Excelitas) Vactrols right now.
- Cabintech Global, LLC.
- Digi-Key – Very wide range of analog and digital ICs, including exotic types. Mostly specialized toward computer and digital electronics. Accepts small hobbyist orders.
- Futurlec – Limited range but very good prices on many items. Occasionally very slow shipping. Ships international. Check regional sites (.au etc) for different prices on some items.
- Jameco – Hobbyist-specific distributor, has small ranges of parts needed for analog designs but a very wide range of power supplies. Accepts small hobbyist orders.
- Micro Fasteners
- Mammoth Electronics – Similar to 4site
- Mouser – Probably one of the best parts distributors today for analog-electronics manufacturers. Very broad product range, excellent selection of audio connectors, capacitors, potentiometers, knobs and switches. Accepts small hobbyist orders.
- Music From Outer Space – Includes electronic components.
- Online Components – An authorized online electronic components distributor similar to Digi-Key.
- ROHM – Designs and manufactures integrated circuits (ICs), semiconductors, and other electronic components.
- Small Bear Electronics – Guitar pedal focus but many rare/hard-to-find parts at reasonable prices. Very fast shipping. Very good reputation. Ships international.
Obsolete, surplus and new old stock
- All Electronics
- American Science & Surplus - have a lot more than electronic components.
- Anchor Electronics
- Antique Electronic Supply
- Deep Surplus – Excellent low-cost audio and computer cables.
- Electronic Goldmine – A varied range of new and surplus parts. Will only ship to a small number of international countries.
- Excess Solutions - formerly HSC Electronic Supply
- Hamfests and Conventions
- Twisty Wrist Arcade and Pinball Parts
Vintage synthesizer components
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Muff Wiggler wiki:Parts Suppliers ( ).
- Synth DIY Aggregator, Facebook group
- Component Distributors at EEVblog Electronics Resource Wiki
- Component Search Engines at EEVblog Electronics Resource Wiki
- Where to order components, MIDIbox wiki
- Under section Parts, ladyada.net wiki
- Component and Parts Suppliers, r/AskElectronics wiki
Parts search engine across multiple distributors
- An extensive list of suppliers, not just for electronics, on London Hackspace wiki.