The Wave 2 had 8-voice polyphony, with one oscillator per voice, it offered digital wavetables and analog VCA, envelope and VCF. The Wave 2.2 can generate over 2,000 different single-cycle 8-bit digital waveforms. It also includes an 8-track sequencer. The Wave 2.2 has two oscillators for each voices. The Wave 2.3 sampler included 12-bit digital waveforms, Fourier analysis and linear playback of samples. As well as 8-parts multitimbrality and MIDI.
- Wave 2 (1981–1982) – 8 oscillators (one per voice), 8-bit resolution, single modulation wheel, CEM3320 VCFs
- Wave 2.2 (1982–1984) – 16 oscillators (two per voice), 8-bit resolution, dual modulation wheels, SSM2044 VCFs
- Wave 2.3 (1984–1987) – 16 oscillators (two per voice), 12-bit resolution, dual modulation wheels, SSM2044 VCFs, 8-part multimbrality
Vintage Synthesizers by Mark Vail, Backbeat Books, 2000, ISBN 0-87930-603-3, p. 68-69
- The story of PPG by Wolfgang Palm, 2008
- PPG Wave 2 at Vintage Synth Explorer
- PPG Wave 2.3 & Waveterm B, SOS December 1996
- PPG tribute site. Also sells a CD-ROM of PPG information.
- thePPGs.com, has a service manual for the PPG Wave 2.0
- PPG System, including a couple of service manuals at Hermann Seib's Hompepage
- PPG Wave repairs
- PPG Wave
- PPG Waveterm
- PPG Wave 2.3 operations manual at Synthfool.com
- PPG manuals at E-Music DIY Archive