Rob Hordijk Design
All circuitry is original and follows Rob's own concepts based on over thirty years experience in sound synthesis and electronic design. He has complete control over the whole module building process; R&D, prototyping, panel design, cutting, drilling, PCB etching and populating, final hardware assembly, calibration and testing. All components and every piece of hardware is carefully selected for reliability and comfort in use. Panels with the signature Original Rob Hordijk Design are both designed and built by Rob Hordijk.
Rob Hordijk has been playing around with synths and computers since sequencing some analog stuff around 1982 with an RCA 1802 based SuperElf processor board. Later switching to an Apple ][+ and the Mountain Hardware Music System, for which he developed a Forth language version that could do all sorts of stuff with the Mountain cards, like KarplusStrong-type plucked string sounds and pitch shifting. His first introduction to a DSP was to the DMX1000 around 1984. In 1986 he switched to Atari ST and an Akai S900. These days he is a Clavia Nord Modular G2 aficionado.
Modules are triple panels with combinations of the following.
- Tri LF-VCO
- Dual Fader
- Triple input 24dB filter
- 6dB Twinpeak filter
- Dual Phaser
- Active Matrix/Mini Bay/Mini Matrix
- Node Processor
- To order or enquire about his modules, e-mail Rob Hordijk.
- Rob Hordijk DIY Designs, Electro-Music forum
- Synthesis Workshops by Rob Hordijk
- The Blippoo Box: A Chaotic Electronic Music Instrument, Bent by Design by Rob Hordijk, Leonardo Music Journal, Volume 19, 2009, pp. 35-43 – requires a login for access
- Rob Hordijk's Clavia Nord Modular G2 FAQ
- G2 Workshops and tutorials by Rob Hordijk
- Rob Hordijk explains his modular designs at the European Electro Music Event 2012, Mallorca, Spain.
- The Designer by Franz Schuier, 2008